Introduction to Bağla Bay
Heralded as one of the best coves and beaches on the peninsula, Bağla is only 14km from Bodrum.
If you’ve just driven from Aspat, past the rural landscape, this dollop of Club Vacation commercialism is an assault to the senses. But if you can navigate your way past the Magic Life complex – there’s a beach that is reputed to be one of the best on the peninsula.
The ocean views from the top of the hill as you round the corner to discover Bağla are beautiful.
At the time of my visit, I wasn’t able to navigate myself from the main road and past the complex to reach the sand, but the roads on Google maps, make it look so simple. Even though the beach may be beautiful, the proximity to Magic Life makes me a little leery of going back to try and navigate the maze.
- Approximate distances to Bağla:
- 53km from Milas-Bodrum Airport
- 18km from Bodrum
- 14km from Turgutreis
- 7km from Gürece
- Turn off the main Ortakent to Turgutreis road at Gürece and follow Bağlaköyü Evleri Yolu
Things To Do
- There are a couple of coves to either side of the main Bağla beach, and the cove to the west of Bağla Point is popular for Daily Boat Trips.
- The coves and the area around them are available for camping.
- Stop off at Magic Life and slide down the water chutes