Choose a Bodrum Itinerary
Not sure how to spend your time in Bodrum?
Don’t worry, there’s plenty to choose from. Whether you want delve into Bodrum’s History with a culture immersion itinerary; bury your head in a book or and relax by the water, or practice your haggling skills during a mammoth shopping expedition – this Bodrum Itinerary page has it all on offer. It’s also an ideal location to use as a jumping-off point to explore the rest of the peninsula.
Itinerary Ideas & Inspiration
Here’s some inspiration to help you plan your itineraries. They’ve been grouped by interest, so you can spend a whole day:
- Bodrum Itinerary: Into the Past
- Bodrum Itinerary: Shop ’til you Drop
- Bodrum Itinerary: Relax and Tan
- Bodrum Itinerary back on Jack Scott’s Bodrum Books
If you want to mix your Itinerary up, why not pick and mix from each of the itineraries? Head to Bodrum Castle in the morning; head to the Marina to browse around the shops; and then jump in a water taxi to Bardakci Bay for an afternoon on the beach.
A summary of each of the Bodrum Itineraries is included below. To read more detailed information about them, just click on the “Bodrum Itinerary” banners below:
This one day itinerary focuses on getting to grips with Bodrum’s History, and includes the jewel of Bodrum, it’s castle, one of the 7 wonders of the ancient world, and nosing around the former residence of Turkey’s equivalent to Liberace.
Whether you want to have a full immersion into Bodrum History for the entire day, or just spend part of your day, there’s plenty of culture to appeal to a variety of tastes.
- Some Suggestions: Bodrum Castle and the Museum of Underwater Archaeology; Mausoleum; Ampitheatre; Zeki Muren Museum; Nautical Museum; Turkish Bath at Bardakci Hamam; Visit the windmills between Bodrum and Gumbet; or tour the Zeki Muren or Maritime Museum
Whether you want modern day or old world, cheap & cheerful or wallet-busting, there are plenty of shopping opportunities without having to venture too far afield.
- Some Suggestions: Oasis Shopping Centre; Weekly Market; Pedestrain shopping area near the harbour; Designer Wear by the Marina; Midtown Mall and the new Avenue Mall & Shopping Centre
Depending on the time frame you have available, you have the option of walking to one of Bodrum’s two beach areas; getting a water taxi to Bardakci Bay; hopping on a dolmus to one of the other beaches further afield – or what about just spending the day on a boat?
- Some Suggestions: Kumbahce Bay (near bar street); Water Taxi from Marina to Bardakci Bay; Dolmus to a nearby bay; Day Boat from Bodrum
Eat, Drink & Explore your way around Bodrum with Jack Scott, Author of “Perking the Pansies: Jack and Liam move to Turkey” & “Turkey Street: Jack and Liam move to Bodrum“. This “Perking the Pansies and Turkey Street” tour, includes Bodrum Itinerary suggestions inspired by activities and favourite places mentioned on Jack’s blog or in his two books.
It’s a mixed bag of options, so just pick ‘n’ mix your activities and locations based on your mood and the time you have available.
- Eating, Drinking and Sightseeing in Bodrum.
Itinerary Inspiration: Activity Junkie
- Snorkeling during a Day Boat from Bodrum; Visit Gumbet for water sports; Diving; Hiking up to Pedasa; Whirlwind Tour of the Peninsula on a Motorbike; Driving Range practice